Tuesday, November 12, 2013

John Travolta Speaks Out Against Hollywood Drug And Alcohol Abuse



Travolta Speaks Out Against Hollywood Drug And Alcohol Abuse
Courtesy of: www.examiner.com
As the Hollywood community mourns recent losses due to drug and alcohol abuse, actor John Travolta is seeking support for measures to counteract the ongoing issue.

“Something needs to be done about all the artists we’re losing to drugs, because I’m tired of it,” Travolta said recently.

The two-time Oscar nominee, who’s graced dozens of films since the 1970’s, said that his interest in the issue prompted him to offer an impromptu speech at the Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre’s 44th Anniversary Gala, asking friends and attendees to take action.

“I don’t want to lose any more artists. It’s too much already,” Travolta said. “There’s people that are looking for solutions, and their solutions are drugs and I understand completely. But when you have a program that is designed to help you solve those problems differently, but more immediately getting you off of drugs – cleaning your body of the adverse effects of those drugs, and then getting a new start, it’s not just a detox program; it’s a detox program that takes full responsibility for the reasons you started to begin with.”

Travolta’s wife, Kelly Preston has also spoken in regard to her own struggles with substance abuse, saying, “I’m so different… Now I don’t drink anymore. I don’t smoke anymore, I don’t do drugs anymore. All of those come with an ‘anymore.’ I used to do everything and a lot of everything.”

“With drinking, I just decided that I wasn’t always at my best.” said Preston. “It’s different in that I’m so much wiser. I know myself so much more now.”

If you would like to learn more about alcohol abuse and addiction – Contact Above It All Treatment Center today!

11 comments:

  1. I think this is really required that one should need to take stand and tell the truth about stars who are suffering from addiction.the awareness steps should need to be taken more loudly...

    http://www.goodfuturerehabcenter.com/prescription-drug-abuse-treatment/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are able to use recreational or prescription drugs without ever experiencing negative consequences or addiction.

    Adolescent Drug Abuse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like most your comment. Nowadays alcohol addiction problem is increasing and becoming a big concern. I have an information to treat it as naturally on the link below: http://hashmidawakhana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. For those of us considering treatment it is so helpful to read about the procedure from a patients perspective. I hope you are doing well. for more information visit this site drug rehab centres in Houston


    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site..
    drug alcohol treatment center

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is depend on different treatment center and it's facility. Good Future Teen Rehab treats drug abuse, drug addiction, alcohol abuse and other addictions.
    alcohol abuse rehab centers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this information. I found it very informative as I have been researching a lot lately on practical matters such as you talk about..alcohol rehab centers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those struggling with alcohol addiction often face even more challenges that require non 12-step addiction treatment than those who are dependent on illicit street drugs. Check out Best Non-AA Rehab for Alcoholism in USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate the efforts of John Travolta a lot. I would like to let know addicts that how long does alcohol stay in urine then they will surely try to get rid of it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete